Taking the principles of the Toyota System and enhancing them with today's details systems innovation has been the key to allow some manufacturers to unlock the door that leads to a short-cut in procedure improvement projects. They are rethinking the smart ideas of lean manufacturing and are using today's factory flooring information tools to quickly and quickly improve factory flooring efficiency, consumer responsiveness and their bottom line.
Process enhancement through a leaner method and finite scheduling for the factory flooring can be demonstrated in a variety of methods:
Minimize cycle time
Meet customer expectations in quality and deliveryLook for methods to improve changeover
Empower the workers
Develop a culture for constant enhancement
Developing a "culture" for continuous enhancement can be realized through another lean principle' the use of visual help.
By making the factory flooring activity visible through making use of the Production Execution System (MES), and determining the flow times of parts on a constant basis, the factory has a standard from which to determine areas that need enhancement and the system to demonstrate those enhancements. For instance, of the factories that are moving to lean production, the number of have put a maker tracking devices in location to measure the flow time of a part? If there is a system that allows this standard metric, the number of can inform the percentage of time that parts are being "value-added" verses the waste (or non value-added) time? Time is lost throughout a downtime occurrence, waiting for a tool/die/mold or other needed piece of equipment. Other examples of waste are times invested awaiting a quality check or unnecessary time in changeover/set-up. With information systems for factory flooring information collection, the analysis of the factory flooring processes and the flow of parts, in some cases referred to as a "current state map", can be made visible. If your business is going do something about it to enhance the process then why not make the process circulation visible and available throughout the day, everyday. If improvement is really constant, then why make the evaluation of the flow episodic.So why not believe creatively from the outset and put a factory floor details system in place that can assist you and your company move forward with Lean ideas of determining issues, the circulation of parts, and measure modification with time? Even if Toyota did not use electronic details systems, does not make it wrong to install them on the flooring. To the contrary, it is the American Maker that has the opportunity to enhance on these Lean ideas with info systems that can be married into a Lean process improvement program.
- Make sure the whole factory floor is included with the system which they are empowered to recognize problem/alert situations.
- Allow the system to provide a JIT production technique, which is dynamic and can be reactive to consumer and flooring demands.
- Discover a way to tape-record changeover times tracked to particular assets and individuals.
- Recognize the chances for procedure enhancement and keep a record of it.
- Permit the flooring personnel access to better interactions like email where suitable.
- Enhance the operator's access to data by supplying electronic "paperless" display screen of current, in addition to, more recent design electronic image and video documents.
- Make the quality checks part of the process and capture it digitally so alert conditions of non-conformance conditions ISO 9001 Certification Consultants can be caught in real-time. Implementation of
Lean Manufacturing through a factory floor system can save money and time and put you in the motorist seat to more rewarding production. Believe artistically. Use details tools creatively. Utilize the details tools that are designed to improve the process.
Because 1984, this countryy has been a leader in the advancement, application, and assistance of software products for making companies. MDSS offers products that assist makers much better handle stock, diminish cycle time, and boost productivity. Their present focus is a Production Execution System (MES) with modules for time and attendance, store floor management, device tracking, and more.